We developed the beds in front of our Year 3 & 4 classrooms as our 'Grow Zone'. These beds will be used to grow a variety of fruits and vegetables, so children can see the whole process... and hopefully harvest and cook with the food we grow. Any spare will be sold to parents to fund our next growing project!
A massive 'Thank you' to the local Allotment Society and, in particular Brian and Annette, who have helped us get all the soil for the beds and have provided lots of plants from their allotments. Thank you also to all the people who have brought in spare plants for us to grow!
We have lots of exciting plans for 2017!
- We have a new poltunnel, donated to school!
- Each class will have responsibility for a Grow Bed
- We are building a big 'up-cycling' Grow Zone area, using recycled pallets, drain pipe, tyres and lots more!
- We plan to grow lots of exciting fruits and veg for you to eat!
- we aim to serve our fresh fruit, veg and salad within our school dinners
-We aim that all children will be involved in some way within our Grow Zone
- We will be working with experts form the local allotment groups
- We will share our Grow Zone with other schools, the nursery and the High School
- We aim to get parents involved too! You can water plants or pick some crops whilst dropping the kids at school!